Do you want to take your first dive certification? Then this course is for you! Learn to dive in the perfect conditions, crystal clear tropical water, surrounded by reef fish and corals.
PADI Open Water Diver Course in a nutshell:
- Duration: 4 days, 2 days of pool and theory work, 2 days of Open Water Diving
- Requirements: 15 years of age ( 10-12 year old can do the Junior Open Water), be able to swim 100 meters and not have any existing medical condition (i.e asthma) that limits your respiratory function. If you do a medical certificate is needed before commencing the course.
- Maximum group size: We work in small groups with a maximum 4 students to 1 instructor allowing more time with the instructor
- Certifies you to: To dive independently in a buddy team to 18 meters of depth. A guide is always advised to accompany you on any unknown dive site though.
- Continuing education: After the course you can do specialty courses or become an Advanced Open Water Diver. These courses are possible to do during our liveaboard trips to the Similans which also is an excellent opportunity to get more experience!
First and second day of the course you will learn the theory part of the course and you will also complete shallow water training in a swimming pool. In the pool you will practice the skills necessary to be able to dive. Once you have completed this section, you can join our liveaboard to make the 4 open water dives, then enjoy fun diving afterwards.
If you prefer, you could also make two day trips out to to the Similan Islands, where you will make two dives each day. During the dives you will show us that you can do the skills again, this time during actual dives at the Similan Islands.
At the end of the course you will need to make a multiple choice test where you show that you have understood the theory part of the course as well as the practical parts. Once you have finished the test you will be certified as an Open Water Diver.
It is possible to complete the theory- and the swimming pool parts of the course before you come to us in Thailand, and then just do the last four dives with us by obtaining a referral from a PADI Instructor. For those on a busy schedule who want to make the most of their holiday time, why not chose the PADI e-Learning option whereby you can study at your own place before you arrive and make the theory part and exam, then once you arrive, you can get straight into the water without having classroom sessions. If you would like to do this, please click on the picture below which will take you to the PADI e-Learning site where you can apply.