If you already a certified diver and know the basics, you have the option to make an PADI Advanced Open Water Course and expand your diving skills.
Advanced Open Water Diver in a nutshell:
- Requirements: 15 years of age (12 to 14 year old can do the Junior equivalent).
- Dives: Consists of 5 Adventure dives with theory and practical skills to each dive. The Deep Dive and Navigation Dive mandatory, other dives we can recommend are but not limited to: Peak Performance Buoyancy, Multi level , Wreck diving, Fish identification, Underwater naturalist, Underwater photography, Search and Recovery, Drift Diving, Boat Diving and Night diving.
- Duration: You can complete the course in 2 days if on our liveaboard then enjoy the remainder of the dives as fun dives or 3 days with 6 dives if conducted on our day trip boat.
- Group Size: 4 students to 1 instructor
- Certifies you to: Independently dive to a depth of 30 metres.
- Continuing Education: You can follow up your deep dive with a deep specialty course and go down to 40m! You can combine any dive in the Advanced Course to do a Specialty Course and you can do the Rescue Diver Course.
The course consists of five dives including a dive that is a deep dive to a maximum 30 meters, where you’ll learn what happens to your body at greater depth. One of the dives during the course is a navigation dive, where you’ll learn the basics of underwater navigation. At the other three dives of the course, you can choose from a variety of specializations. Wreck, fish identification and Night dives are the most popular. During the Night Dive you can see the change over in fish life from Day to Night. Please feel free to choose other dives such as underwater photography, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Drift Dives or Wreck.
As we always do two dives on our day trips, you get in addition to the five course dives one bonus dive. Two of the diving days we dive at the Similan Islands and one day we dive in Bonsung wreck.
It is also easy to make the advanced course during a liveaboard dive trips. Course price depends on whether you choose day trip or liveaboard trip.
If you prefer, you can save time by completing the theory section of the Advanced Course on line with PADI e-learning, just click on the link below to access. You can also use the form to get more information about our diving courses.